Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Day 118: 'Fssst!'

Wagler's Viper (Temple Viper), Temple of the Azure Cloud (Snake Temple), Pulau Pinang (Penang Island), Malaysia

Yes, they're venomous and I have been assured that the snakes in the temple have not been de-fanged! Still, they are well fed, nocturnal, generally not an aggressive species and likely doped-out on the incense that is burned continuously in close proximity. The temple itself is a bit of a tourist trap. Yes, I've had my picture taken with about a whole bunch of these around my arms and neck. They only told me that the snakes they use for picture taking have been de-fanged after I've had my picture taken...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused. You wanted to have various snakes wrapped around you because you've been assured that the snakes are NOT defanged???

1:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home